Make a note….The children’s costume contest and party portion of the Monster Mash & Music Fest is from 4 pm to 5 pm. Starting at 5 pm (until close) enjoy live music, wine and beer, coffee, smoothies, cafe food and Halloween festivities. Costumes encouraged! Visit www.whitehawkmusiccafe.com for more information.
Only 12 days until the 35 Mile Drive Courthouse Village Fair! Here’s the latest scoop…
Saturday, October 30- Spend a day in the country, exploring the Goochland Courthouse Village on foot for a day of family fun and adventure! Pick up a map at any location below.
- Find farm fresh produce and products at the nationally ranked Goochland Farmers’ Market (12th in the country and the final market of the season) from 9 a.m. to noon. 2955 River Road West, Goochland, VA 23063
- Shop for fine arts & crafts at Arts on the Lawn from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. 2938 River Road West, Goochland, VA 23063
- Visit with Lord General Cornwallis for a special historic-themed children’s program called “General Howe’s Dog.” Meet the famous beagle from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. on the Courthouse lawn.
- Experience Oktoberfest at Nadolski’s Butcher Shop from noon to 4 p.m. Wine, beer, food tastings, local producers, live bluegrass music. 2913 River Road West, Goochland, VA 23063
- Shake a leg at Monster Mash & Music Fest at the White Hawk Music Cafe. Children’s costume contest and party from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Live music, refreshments and Halloween festivities until close.
Saturday, October 30, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Getaway to Goochland Courthouse Village and spend a day in the country at the 35 Mile Drive Courthouse Village Fair. Driving west from Richmond, enjoy the fall foliage and scenery on River Road West (aka 35 Mile Drive,) one of central Virginia’s most scenic drives through Goochland County.
Bring the kids, the dogs and and explore the Courthouse Village on foot (all .35 miles!) With live music, food, wine, beer, art, history, farm fresh produce, animals, a beautiful outdoor setting and Halloween festivities, the fair offers something for every age and interest.
Courthouse Village Fair highlights include:
- Octoberfest at Nadolski’s Butcher Shop. 2913 River Road West, Goochland, VA 23063, (804) 556-4888. Wine, seasonal brews, fine food and live bluegrass music!
- Arts on the Lawn. 2938 River Road West, Goochland, VA 23063. Discover unique original art in a variety of mediums including painting, pottery, textiles, photography, glassware, etc. Local businesses and organizations also exhibit.
- Goochland Farmer’s Market. Grace Episcopal Church, 2955 River Road West. Shop for farm fresh produce, meats, flowers, baked goods and other items at the nationally ranked and final market of the season.
- Monster Mash Music Fest. White Hawk Music Cafe, 1940 Sandy Hook Road. Goochland. (804) 556-3388. Costume contest and kids Halloween party from 4:00- 5:00. Live music, wine, beer and food that evening.
Cyclists and motorcycles welcome. Ride the 35 Mile Drive starting at the county line at Henrico through Goochland to the town of Columbia. 70 mile round trip over scenic rolling hills. Points of interest include Tuckahoe Plantation, James River overlook and access at Tucker Park at Maiden’s Crossing (Rte 522,) the Historical Society, Brightly Bed & Breakfast, the Courthouse Village Fair (restaurants, shops, coffee cafe,) Orapax Hunting Preserve, Westview on the James river access and picnic spot, Rapalee Taxidermy, Celebrations Winery, Rassawek, Point of Fork and Columbia. For a complete list of attractions and contact information visit our website at www.35miledrive.com
Interested in being an exhibitor at Arts on the Lawn? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an entry form and any additional information about the 35 Mile Drive Courthouse Village Fair.
The White Hawk Music Cafe is the current home of the 35 Mile Drive exhibit. Stop in to see the 18 original features which appeared in the Goochland Courier. www.whitehawkmusiccafe.com